I suggest you ...

Separate non-visual components in the form designer

When you have forms with several TActionList, TPopupMenu, TDataSource, and other non-visual components it's kinda hard to organize these components in the form. Harder if you have several tabs in this form.

It would be very nice, if theses components could be put in a separate area, so you could easily organize all the non-visual components.

It would be nice also if they could be grouped into categories, example, all the TDataSources grouped in the same line, and so on.

107 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Fábio Gomes shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Peter Aschbacher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This shouldn't be a separate tab, as this would require to open a separate tab. There is plenty of available space in the form designer to create an area where non-visual components will be automatically inserted.

• gaddlord commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't like the VS approach either. I would suggest having a new tab sheet next to "Code", "Design" called "Data" where you can place your non-visual components.

• obucina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with fabricioaraujo... Not to mention that DataModule should be used do separate non visual components (at least datasets and datasources) from the form.

• gaddlord commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't have votes left, but YES!!!
    Please split the non-visuals like in Visual Studio.
    Please do not give me the "Use TDataModule" answers!

Feedback and Knowledge Base