Better "Cloud" documentation
The Cloud documentation on the wiki ( http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/XE7/en/Developing_Cloud_Applications ) is scant and confusing and the Code Explorer example does not work and the code is confusing.
The links at the bottom of the page ( for example, Amazon Simple Queue Service Documentation (aws.amazon.com) ) take you to the Amazon page, which is not very useful. There should be a See Also section AND an External Links section.
I cannot work out from the wiki documentation just how to use these components. The documentation is that poor.
Please vote for this to be improved. I would love to have great documentation in this section and to have a selection ( not just one ) of examples; one for each service
Danijel Planinc commented
Thank you for taking the time and letting us know about the problem with our documentation.
In RAD Studio Seattle there has been many improvements regarding the Cloud framework and documentation:
- The Cloud Explorer demo has been updated: http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/CodeExamples/Seattle/en/Data.Cloud_Explorer_Sample
- A new demo, Cloud API Test, hes been added for testing both Amazon and Azure services: http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/CodeExamples/Seattle/en/Data.Cloud_API_Test
- General changes and improvements: http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/Seattle/en/What's_New#Cloud
- Cloud API documentation has been updated: http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/Libraries/Seattle/en/Data.Cloud
Also, there are two topics that talk about the developing applications with the cloud:
- Developing Cloud Applications (http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/Seattle/en/Developing_Cloud_Applications), the one you mention in your comment.
- Cloud Computing with DataSnap (http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/Seattle/en/Cloud_Computing_with_DataSnap), with subtopics for Amazon and Azure.
I hope this helps you.
For future reference, there are several ways that you can provide feedback regarding RAD Studio documentation:
- Leave feedback about a specific wiki page by using the link "Help Feedback" on the bottom of a page
- Write directly to email@example.com