The feature I'd most like to see in Delphi is....

Built in profiler and profiling and resource debugger

Include an out of the box profiler with resource and memory debugging.

227 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    David ChampionDavid Champion shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • lkesslerlkessler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If it were the same as the full version of AQTime, then I'd say yes. But it is a cutdown version, and the one feature I really need (line-by-line profiling) is not included. So despite it's inclusion, I'll still have to purchase AQTime at its > $500 price. :-(

How about a discount down to say $100 for the upgrade to the full version???

• AlexAlex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Shouldn't this be closed as completed, as AQTime is already in DXE?

• andre.musscheandre.mussche commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, I would really like that! Because I've made a profiler myself (http://code.google.com/p/asmprofiler/) I needed to make runtime detouring, stack processing, etc which adds quite some overhead...

It would be very nice if the compiler can generate all the "start" and "end" functions, so it minimizes the overhead (no need to worry about saving CPU registers and restoring it after processing etc).

If they can make a general profiler interface, any third party can implement the "start" and "end" functions

• lkesslerlkessler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nicer if AQTime didn't cost more than a Delphi upgrade did. Add a profiler into Delphi and I'd gladly pay $200 more for each upgrade.

• GielGiel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice if Delphi would provide an interface for the AQTime integration which doesn't break with every new Delphi release.

Feedback and Knowledge Base